Thursday, January 25, 2007

Delving into the Bloggosphere

You'll find while reading this blog that about half my references are going to be the Daily Illini. They're about the only source in print that will actually cover Illinois sports that don't involve Ron Zook and Bruce Weber. To thank them for their service to the paper, I'd like to point you to a blog started up by two former editors that focuses on student journalism around the state and around the country (and one day, the world!). Campusbyline.com is a good mix of humor and actual news. Aside from pimping my infantile blog, they've already covered subjects such as Army Fourth Mealing, Meth Use Coverage at EIU and this post on Parkour, which sums up most people's feeling on it:

I think Parkour is kind of cool, in a Batman/Spider-man/ninja sort of way. But I’m smart enough to know that jumping from high places is also what people do to kill themselves.

Well, I guess that is true except for people who actually are Batman, Spiderman or ninjas.

Your Source for Student Journalism (CampusByline.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I'm glad to see someone taking up the task of blogging on not-so-popular Illini sports.